MINUTES OF FIRST MEETING OF PARISH COUNCIL – 27 NOVEMBER 2011 – 7.30pm – Fisher-More Hall
Present: Fr Tim Buckley (PP), Donna Allanson, Margaret Torpey, Frances Sibert, Tricia Brophy, Cath McVey, Rose Whitfield, Philip Reeds, Peter Colvin, Dave Hart, Bob Cannon, Rosemary Poole, Deborah Poole, Rev John Keeley, Kate Ashley,Mark Bainbridge, Jenny Holden, Alison Chalmers, Ann Connor, Peter Moloney, Christopher Allmand, Margie Zilnyk, Ann Quirk
Apologies: Fr Barrie O’Toole, Kris Reeds, Sharon Pearson, Nick McLeod, Joanne Preston
- Meeting began with a prayer.
- PP gave out handout detailing the key posts as he sees it. Add One World Group, Friends of the Holy Land and door ministry.
- Points to be considered: day to day jobs (eg new missals for sale); couples to be married next year; how can we encourage the parish to grow at all levels? Firstly, need to elect a Chairperson and consider the areas that interest individuals with a view to an optimum grouping of 6 members in each area.
- The council broke into groups to discuss these areas and after the discussion Mrs Alison Chalmers was elected as Chairperson to be assisted by Ms Ann Connor.
- Suggested Departmental groups and areas of interest expressed:
- Liturgy: Tricia Brophy; Mags Torpey; Philip Reeds; Peter Moloney; Christopher Allmand; Fran Sibert.
- Catechesis: Nick Mcleod; Rev John Keeley; Mark Bainbridge; Ann Quirk; Kate Ashley.
- Mission: Jenny Holden; Bob Cannon; Rose Whitfield; Rosemary Poole;
- Schools: Frances Sibert; Deborah Poole;
- Finance: Dave Hart; Frances Sibert; Donna Allanson; Peter Colvin.
- Fisher-More: Cath McVey
- Maintenance:John Byrne
- Hospitality:Cath McVey
- Administration:Kris Reeds; Margie Zilnyk
- Liaison St Mary’s: Rose Whitfield
- Youth Development: Mark Bainbridge; Philip Reeds
- Peter M asked a question about insurance. Ann Q (solicitor) replied this was unnecessary as we are not public funded and are all volunteers.
- Time period for membership of the council was agreed to be four years.
- Alison (Chair) suggested that each group meets before the next meeting to discuss the items listed and who runs each element in the small group.
- A contact list was requested – details to be made available to Kris – to be then sent out
Next meeting for the full council to be held on Wednesday 1st February 2012 at 7.30pm in the Hughes Meeting Room.
Following the Chairperson’s suggestion at the main meeting the following have agreed to be departmental heads/core group members for the council:
|Hospitality/Fisher More||Cath McVey|
|Youth Development||Mark Bainbridge|
|Liaison with St Mary's||Rose Whitfield|