Fr Tim on Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor
Fr Tim on Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor
Fr Tim would like to put on record his appreciation of Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor:
I had the pleasure of meeting him on a number of occasions, but one stands out in particular. At Redemptorist Publications Jane Williams, the wife of the then Archbishop of Canterbury, had just taken on the role of editor of our Anglican publications. I was duly invited to Lambeth Palace for a Christmas reception and when introducing me to her ten-year-old son, Pip, she was trying to explain the difference between Catholics and Anglicans. She decided to give him a clue by introducing Cormac's name into the conversation. The bemused child only made the connection when Jane continued to try and describe Cormac to him, whereupon he cried out: "Oh, you mean the one whose laugh can be heard all over the house." As luck would have it I bumped into Cormac at couple of days later and asked him if his ears had been burning. He was clearly delighted with the description.
He was a good man, who radiated the joy of the Gospel. He was entrusted with much responsibility throughout his long life and served the Lord and the Church with great dedication, coping with some of the serious challenges with genuine grace and humility. We owe him a great debt of gratitude for the influence he brought to bear among the College of Cardinals prior to the election of Pope Francis.
May he rest in peace.
Tim Buckley, CSsR
CTMH Bulletin 20.9.17
The Friday Fellowship at All Hallows has now restarted.
Friday 22nd September
Friday Fellowship – All Hallows Church 10.00am - Noon
Join us for refreshments, jigsaws, board games. All welcome, just turn up, or for more information ring Nicola Milford 724 1561
World Alzheimer's Day is held on September 21st each year, it is a day on which Alzheimer's organizations around the world concentrate their efforts on raising awareness about Alzheimer's and dementia
Time to forget from the Alzheimer's Society
The Bookcase Analogy
The Knights of St Columba Council 9 Annual Steve Dooley Sponsored Walk will take place on Sunday 24th September from along the Mersey from Albert Dock to Liverpool Cricket Club.
Their Charity this year is Nugent Crisis Fund and sponsored envelopes will be given out before all Masses today (17.9.17).
Follow us on twitter @RYMGB
CTMH Update 13.9.2017
Tuesday 19th September
CREDIT UNION and RIVERSIDE’S FLOATING SUPPORT
Every Tuesday at St Barnabas 10.30am - Noon
St Barnabas Church host a Lodge Lane Credit Union drop in service in church. A full range of Credit Union services is available.
Also, Liverpool City Council has commissioned a drop-in support service, which is run by the Riverside Housing Floating Support Team and promotes the wellbeing and independence of vulnerable people in Liverpool. Advice on matters such as, budgeting, debt management, accessing benefits and finding/sustaining accommodation is available.
Tea and coffee is available between 10.30am and noon.
In these days we are rejoicing with four members of our community who have reached remarkable personal milestones.
Last Friday (8th Sept) Frs Jim Casey and Tony Johnson reached the Diamond Jubilee of their Profession of Vows as Redemptorists and next Sunday (17th Sept) Frs Tony Hunt and Michael Henesy mark the Golden Jubilee of their Ordination, which actually took place here in our church. We will mark the occasion at the 11.30am Mass on that day and the congregation will be invited into the hall afterwards to meet all our jubilarians.
Archbishop Malcolm has issued a statement via the Archdiocesan website which you can read by clicking here
- Women's weekend 1st-3rd December
- Scripture weekends
- Eucharistic Minister Training 21.10.17
- Responding to the call 7.10.17
- Invitation to prayer 4.10.17
- Asylum link Fundraiser
- Pilgrim Statue of Our Lady of Fatima to vist the Cathedral 6th & 7th Oct 2017
- Jubilee Event: Mozart’s Requiem 15.11.17
- Redemptorists Youth Ministry Autumn 2017
- Certificate in Pastoral Ministry
- Diploma in Pastoral ministry
- RADS comedy thriller 16th-18th November
- Women's Group News - Upcoming Events
- Women's Group Events September 2017
- Festive Floristry Talk at the Cathedral 18.11.17
- Princess Diana Condolence Book to go on Public Display
- Knock Pilgrimage 15.10.17
- Annual Pilgrimage Mass in Honour of St Edmund Arrowsmith
- Archdiocesan Autumn Courses:
- A seed of love - A Mass for and with people with disabilities
- Embrace 2017 25.11.2017
- Workhouse to Worship Exhibition
- Living Fully
- Creation time - A course based on Laudate Si
- A morning for Eucharistic ministers
- Bereavement Team - Training Courses 2017
- Being a catechist 2017
- What on at Irenaeus Summer 2017
- What on at Irenaeus September 2017
- Scripture Weekends Sept & Nov 2017
- Come to the Quiet 25th - 30th September
- Living Fully 23.9.2017
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018
- Lourdes Pilgrimage 6th-9th Dec 2017
- Fatima Pilgrimage - 7th to 10th Dec 2017
- Events at St Joseph's house of Prayer
- RCIA - Autumn 2017
- Life Choice 2017
- Lecture Series on the Reformation
- Metropolitan Cathedral - Golden Jubilee Celebrations
- Walsingham Pilgrimage 21/24 October
- Come & See October 2017