In these days we are rejoicing with four members of our community who have reached remarkable personal milestones.
Last Friday (8th Sept) Frs Jim Casey and Tony Johnson reached the Diamond Jubilee of their Profession of Vows as Redemptorists and next Sunday (17th Sept) Frs Tony Hunt and Michael Henesy mark the Golden Jubilee of their Ordination, which actually took place here in our church. We will mark the occasion at the 11.30am Mass on that day and the congregation will be invited into the hall afterwards to meet all our jubilarians.
Archbishop Malcolm has issued a statement via the Archdiocesan website which you can read by clicking here
'Together we can make a difference'
'Together we can make a difference' is the phrase used by the Movambo Trust.
Thanks to your generosity Frances, Matthew, Josh and Jess have returned from Zimbabwe - after a successful trip in which they decorated 3 classrooms.
Frances has put together a booklet on the trip which is currently (Sept 2017) available in the church porch.
Frances is planning another trip next year - watch the parish bulletin and BE Alive for updates
Watch the slideshow below for a flavour of the trip
There is no image or category is unpublished or not authorized
Life Choices 2016/2017
- 5 Wednesday evenings in the Autumn term, beginning September 13th 6 p.m.
- 5 Thursday afternoons, in the autumn term beginning September 14th
- 2 Saturdays (16th September and 14th October)
Redemptorist Youth Mission 2018 - Planning
Thank you to Fr Charles Randall C.Ss.R for this report on the recent planning meeting for 'Redemptorist Youth Mission 2018'
Redemptorists of Europe Meet in Granada to Plan July 2018 Youth Mission
On 12 July this year, Redemptorists from all over Europe gathered in Granada, Spain, to plan the forthcoming Redemptorist Youth Mission which will be held in the city between Wednesday 25 and Sunday 29 July 2018.
Redemptorists from around Europe concelebrate Mass
at our Perpetual Help Shrine in the city.
Over the weekend of 15th and 16th July. Brother Mike spoke at all seven Masses at St. Mary's and Bishop Eton.
Here is the final address at Bishop Eton's 6pm Mass
Thankyou for your donations to support the Redemptorist students.
Anyone wishing to join the Redemptorists as a priest or brother should speak to Fr. Charles.
Do you know anyone suffering from addiction or are you looking to come off drugs or alcohol and have tried everything? There is help at CENACOLO - we have a great success rate. Meetings are held at the Blessed Sacrament Shrine, 4 Dawson Street, Liverpool. L1 1LE on Tuesday evenings 7.00pm - 9.00pm. Come to the meetings or for more information call: Margaret (0151 342 1043), Mary Holgate (0151 342 4166) or Mary Conway (07883 339 980).
Visit the Cenacolo web-site to learn more about the organistion.
Page 11 of 11
- BELL 21.3.19
- One World Group - Spring lunch
- Dementia friendly afternoon tea and singalong 29.3.19
- WAY OF THE CROSS 14 Stations in 14 Liverpool Churches
- Wednesday lunch 13.3.19
- Come and See October 2019
- Silent Lenten Retreat 5th-7th April
- Ecumenical Lenten Prayer Group
- Dementia Information Session 26.3.2019
- Marie Curie Reflection and Celebration 24.3.19
- WORKSHOPS for People with Dementia and Carers.
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- St Mary's Parish Walk
- Dementia Information Session 26.3.2019
- Change in Exposition & Benediction time at St Mary's
- Follow up to the Protection of Minors meeting
- Medaille Trust - Raising Awareness of Human Trafficking
- SVP recruitment appeal March 2019
- An update from Friends of the Holy Land
- CATENIAN BURSARY FUND
- APPEAL FROM BISHOP RAYMOND MUPANDASEKWA
- Coffee Morning Volunteers needed
- Cathedral Education Service - co-ordinator
- Cathedral Lenten Talks 2019
- Lectio Divina at Our Lady of the Assumption
- CATHEDRAL - LADIES DAY 29.6.18
- CATHEDRAL WALKING CLUB 7.4.19
- Cathedral Concert Society
- SPRING INTO EASTER’ WORKSHOPS
- Monthly Mass for the Deaf Community at Christ the King
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group
- Faith for Life Course