With You Always The programme to prepare our children for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion): Follow up meeting for the parents this Monday 30 October in the Fisher- More Hall at 8.00pm.
After a discussion about the ‘Open Letter’, the practicalities surrounding this year’s programme will be explained by the catechists.
In response to the Archbishop’s recent letter, the priests of our Pastoral Area (St Ambrose and St Christopher, St John Vianney, Christ the King and Our Lady, Our Lady of the Assumption, St Mary’s and Bishop Eton) recently met.
At the meeting we wel-comed our new arrivals, Frs Sean Riley and John Poland at Christ the King and Our Lady. Our discussions were focused on our shared mis-sion here in the PA, and our three year journey together towards the Archdiocesan Synod 2020, of which next September’s 2018 Eucharis-tic Congress is an integral part. As a Pastoral Area, we are invited to send 40 dele-gates to the Congress, more information will soon fol-low. Our next joint PA event will be our Mass for the Feast of All Saints, at Hope University on 1 November 2017 at 7pm.
Today is World Mission Sunday which is a chance to support missionaries and the Church in proclaiming the Gospel of peace to those who suffer around the world. By supporting Missio you will be sharing the peace and love of Christ with all people by helping everyone in need, regardless of background or belief. Gift Aid envelopes available in the porch.
Redemptorist Youth Ministry I am happy to announce officially that from the beginning of this month, Natasha Pritchard and Anita Carson will take over the work, begun a few years ago by Paul Murphy. I hope their enthusiasm will inspire young people of all ages, not only in our parishes but across the country, to deepen their faith and their commitment to the mission of the Lord.
World Alzheimer's Day is held on September 21st each year, it is a day on which Alzheimer's organizations around the world concentrate their efforts on raising awareness about Alzheimer's and dementia
Time to forget from the Alzheimer's Society
The Bookcase Analogy
In these days we are rejoicing with four members of our community who have reached remarkable personal milestones.
Last Friday (8th Sept) Frs Jim Casey and Tony Johnson reached the Diamond Jubilee of their Profession of Vows as Redemptorists and next Sunday (17th Sept) Frs Tony Hunt and Michael Henesy mark the Golden Jubilee of their Ordination, which actually took place here in our church. We will mark the occasion at the 11.30am Mass on that day and the congregation will be invited into the hall afterwards to meet all our jubilarians.
Archbishop Malcolm has issued a statement via the Archdiocesan website which you can read by clicking here
Page 9 of 10
- Week of Accompanied prayer at the Cenacle
- SCA - Lunch and talk
- Animate… Inspiring Life and Soul
- Pastoral Area Prayer
- St Wilfrid’s ‘Living Christ’ Retreat
- Asylum Link Fundraiser
- Women, Peace and the Church 24.11.18
- Responding to the Call
- End of WW1 and Suffragette commemoration dance
- RADS - A Secondary Cause of Death
- CAFOD - Countering Consumerism
- WG - Macmillan Coffee Morning 28.9.18
- A Holiday with Our Lady
- Women's Weekend 2018
- Come and See October 2018
- RYM - Autumn schdule
- Women's Group Newsletter August 2018
- Creative at Christmas Workshop
- The Experiences of the Romanian Roma Community and its Holocaust. 2.8.18
- Maricourt High School - Come and See Day
- Restored Lives
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Archdiocesan Training 2018
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018
- Faith for Life Course
- Bereavement Team Training
- Training for Lay Funeral Ministers
- Restored Lives
- Northern Scripture Festival
- RCIA support - under the fig tree
- Welcoming the stranger
- Sacred Heart Chorley - Housekeeper
- Parish Admin - Sacred Heart Chorley
- Achdiocese - 6 Pastoral Associates sought
- Cathedral Concerts
- Cathedral Book Club 4.10.18
- Cathedral Walking Group 7.10.18
- The Cathedral at 60 Hope Street