Lent Posters and Information
Lent in three minutes
Bishop Barron on Lent
God's plan for us
Events at St Joseph's Prayer Centre(Formby L37 1PH)
- Saturday 3 March 10:30am-3:30pm’ Into the Wilderness with Jesus’ with Donna Worthington
- Wednesday 14 March 10:30am-3:30pm ‘Spirituality for the Autumn of Life’ an inspiring DVD course for the over sixties.
Lunch is included (Donations welcome).
Pastoral Area Reconciliation Service
The next Pastoral Area Reconciliation Service is on Wed 21st Mar 6.30pm at Hope Chapel. Hope University. All Welcome.
LENT. There were magnificent congregations in both parishes on Ash Wednesday, so thank you for your good example. Of course, Ash Wednesday is one of the two days of fasting and abstinence left in the Church’s calendar (the other being Good Friday).
However, Friday of the coming first full week is always set aside as a day of fasting for the work of CAFOD and Pope Francis has also called for a worldwide day of prayer for peace on the same day. Let us make it a special day and remember if you want an extra challenge, we always have a 7.00am Mass on weekdays and St Mary’s has one on the Fridays of Lent as wel
MAGNIFICAT—Holy Week supplement priced £2.00, available in the porch. With the Magnificat-Holy Week supplement you can journey each day of Holy Week. It has wonderful reflections, aids to prayer and all the readings and prayers for all the Holy Week services
CAFOD Lenten Fast day
This year CAFOD's Lenten Fast day will beneift the people of Zimbabwe. The Lenten fast day officially takes place on the 23rd of February, however, you can donate between Shrove Tuesday 13 February and Saturday 12 May. During this time money donated will be matched by the UK Government.
A Lenten Challenge
Click on the image above to access a Lenten Resource to enrich your Lenten journey.
Page 1 of 2
- Week of Accompanied prayer at the Cenacle
- SCA - Lunch and talk
- Animate… Inspiring Life and Soul
- Pastoral Area Prayer
- St Wilfrid’s ‘Living Christ’ Retreat
- Asylum Link Fundraiser
- Women, Peace and the Church 24.11.18
- Responding to the Call
- End of WW1 and Suffragette commemoration dance
- RADS - A Secondary Cause of Death
- CAFOD - Countering Consumerism
- WG - Macmillan Coffee Morning 28.9.18
- A Holiday with Our Lady
- Women's Weekend 2018
- Come and See October 2018
- RYM - Autumn schdule
- Women's Group Newsletter August 2018
- Creative at Christmas Workshop
- The Experiences of the Romanian Roma Community and its Holocaust. 2.8.18
- Maricourt High School - Come and See Day
- Restored Lives
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Archdiocesan Training 2018
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018