Friends of the Holy Land
FHl Monthly Update March 2018
The March edition of the Friends of the Holy land update is available. Please click here to access it. This months edition contains the following
Papal recognition for FHL’s Peter Rand
News on the closure at the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem
The following communiques have been received from Friends of the Holy Land representative
The Friends of the Holy Land Newsletter Issue 17 is available - just click here
On Friday 24th November in the Fisher-More Hall your own Parish band aka Benchmark did a Free Gig to raise money for the Friends of The Holy Land, an organization which helps and supports the Christian population of the Holy Land, an area where the number of Christians is falling and which does need our support. Despite thedreadful weat her, some hardy souls braved the night and listened, enjoyed and then bopped the rest of the night away. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and raised £150.00 for the Friends.
Benchmark are hoping to a gig sometime in the New Year to benefit many of the parish charities.
On Saturday 4th November 2017 just after the monthly Mass for peace and justice in the Holy Land, Andrew Sharples gave an organ recital.
He began with Jeremiah Clarke's Trumper Voluntary, followed by Rawsthorne's Preude on Londonderry Air, the Cholal introduction and toccata from Boellman's Suit Githique, Bach's prelude on 'Dearest Jesu, we are here', Mendelssohn's War March of the Priests, Vierne's Carillon de Westminster, Yon's Toccatina for flutes, concluding with Toccata in F (Symphony5) by Widor.
The retiring collection for Friends of the Holy Land raised £220.
Thank you to all that contributed and to Andrew for his time and talents.
Friends of the Holy Land Fundraiser
4th July 2017
The 4th July fund raiser at Eton Place appears to have been most enjoyable. It was a sell out, parochial boundaries were down (thank God) and fifty good people representing eight local Catholic churches raised £650 for Friends of the Holy Land. His Grace, Archbishop Emeritus Patrick, although unable to come, was generous with his good wishes, and Fr Mark Madden KCHS proved a most able substitute. We were also joined by Fr Andrew Burns CSSR, Fr Jim Casey CSSR, seminarian Tom Clarke, and local pp Fr Tim Buckley CSSR visited.
Page 1 of 6
- CAKES, BAKES AND FAITH
- Much Woolton Primary Open Day
- Christmas Meal for those alone on Christmas Day
- Project Zimbabwe meal
- One World Group Fundraiser meal
- St John Vianney - Parish Club event
- ‘WHY WE NEED MORE DEACONS’
- Week of Accompanied prayer at the Cenacle
- Animate… Inspiring Life and Soul
- Asylum Link Fundraiser
- Women, Peace and the Church 24.11.18
- End of WW1 and Suffragette commemoration dance
- RADS - A Secondary Cause of Death
- CAFOD - Countering Consumerism
- A Holiday with Our Lady
- Women's Weekend 2018
- Come and See October 2018
- RYM - Autumn schdule
- Women's Group Newsletter August 2018
- Creative at Christmas Workshop
- The Experiences of the Romanian Roma Community and its Holocaust. 2.8.18
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Archdiocesan Training 2018
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018