WWI Remembrance resources:
There has been a coordinating group hosted by Hope Together collating various partners, including some member churches of CTE, to provide WWI Remembrance resources: There has been a coordinating group hosted by Hope Together collating various partners, including some member churches of CTE, to provide resources as we remember WWI. Many hundreds of local groups of churches will be working together, in partnership with schools, Local Authorities, British Legion etc. They will be promoting prayer together for peace, hope, and reconciliation during the 100 days that will run from August 4th to November 11th
For more information visit www.remembrance100.co.uk
Madeleine McCann. Going on two weeks ago the posters in the church for Madeleine were removed from the porch and Lady Chapel. This has caused great distress to the family, Fr Tim, and parishioners. If anyone knows why they were taken down without authority could they please let the parish office know. New posters have been put in place and should not be removed.
Adoremus National Eucharistic Pilgrimage & Congress 2018:
see posters in the porch but also…. At the Metropolitan Cathedral – Prayer, Adoration, Reconciliation, Mass, and exhibitions. An exhibition from the Archives about the 1908 Eucharistic Congress and an exhibition about Eucharistic Miracles. Friday 7 September through Sunday 9 September 8.00am-6.00pm. All welcome. The Eucharistic Miracles exhibition is also available at St John the Evangelist Church, 70 Fountains Road, Kirkdale, L4 1QL, Friday-Sunday.
Other prayer opportunities include a Holy Hour for families and the Redemptorist Community at Our Lady of the Annunciation, Bishop Eton, Woolton Road, L16 8NQ, Friday 7 September 6.00pm and Exposition & Vespers with the Carmelite Community Friday 7 September and Saturday 8 September from 1.00pm with Vespers at 4.30pm.
For more details on the parallel programme (including two events here at Bishop Eton) and background information, take a look at the special section on our website - click here.
Seminarians: Please pray for our Seminarians who, at the end of the month, will commence or recommence the seminary formation.
Rev. Thomas Clarke, with the help of God, will be ordained Priest in his home Parish St. Charles and Thomas More, Aigburth on 13th July 2019
Also Hugh Dunleavy, Joseph Champion-Williams, Peter Ross, Peter Murphy, Michael Harwood, Joshua Dixon, James Finnegan, Martin Fyles.
Please also pray for those who continue to attend the discernment days and spend time at the House of Discernment
Liverpool Catholic Ramblers Association 50th Anniversary of Plane Crash
The 9 August 2018 marks the 50th anniversary of a plane crash in Bavaria which killed 13 from Merseyside, 6 belonging to the same extended family from Halewood. All will be remembered at a special Mass held in Langenbruck near Munich where there is a memorial to those who lost their lives in the tragedy and at the Clubs Annual Mass at the Cathedral Crypt on Sunday, 23 September at 11.30am. For more info visit
Page 12 of 90
- St Mary's Parish Walking Group
- Men's Curry night at St Peter's
- Crib Festival
- BELL 7.11.18
- SCA - Songs from the shows
- Wine Tasting 23.11.18
- Walking in the Spirit
- African Children's Choir at St Peter's Woolton
- EX LIVERPOOL NOTRE DAME ASSOCIATION
- SPUC Coffee Morning 19.11.18
- Christmas Meal for those alone on Christmas Day
- SFX PTA - Christmas Bingo
- Project Zimbabwe meal
- One World Group Fundraiser meal
- Animate… Inspiring Life and Soul
- Women, Peace and the Church 24.11.18
- RADS - A Secondary Cause of Death
- RYM - Autumn schdule
- Women's Group Newsletter August 2018
- Creative at Christmas Workshop
- The Experiences of the Romanian Roma Community and its Holocaust. 2.8.18
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Archdiocesan Training 2018
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018
- Women's Group November/December 2018
- SYNOD 2020 - where to find information
- This is me - Dementia Resource
- CAFOD volunteer opportunity
- Car Insurance - Volunteers please read
- 50 Faces of the Holyland
- Venerable Fr Bernard Łubieński, CSsR
- CAFOD Appeal for Indonesia
- Nugent Charity Shop Vacancy
- SFX College applications