DAYS OF RECOLLECTION: Fr Charles has kindly offered to do something I have long wanted to do, namely organise days of recollection for some key lay ministries. I hope all the ministers will make every effort to take part
They will all take place in St Mary’s Hall, Woolton, between 10.00am and 2.00pm on the Saturdays named below. They will include Mass, a time for prayer and reflection and deal with any practical issues.
- Sat 30 Sept: Readers,
- Sat 21 Oct: Sacristans;
- Sat 28 Oct: Eucharistic Ministers.
Please sign up in the sacristy to indicate your participation so we can know numbers. Please bring a packed lunch (teas and coffees provided). Fr Tim hopes all the ministers will make every effort to take part.
CARDINAL CORMAC MURPHY-O’CONNOR RIP:
As you know the Cardinal’s funeral was last Wednesday in Westminster Cathedral. We give thanks for his life of service to the Church in this country. I have written a short personal tribute, which is on the website. May he rest in peace. please St Julie’s
Funeral of Cardinal Cormac-Murphy O'Connor
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION: An invitation to the parents of children in Year Four: please come to an initial meeting in the Fisher More Hall on Monday 18 September, at 8.00pm. I will send a letter through Bishop Eton School, but it is important that those of you who have children at other schools and wish to join the programme, take note of this meeting. The programme itself will not begin until nearer Christmas, but I wish to have an initial discussion with the parents/guardians and the catechists about how we will approach this year’s preparation. It will be part of the wider conversation I am hoping to have with the whole parish.
BE Alive: I have prepared a short reflection in this month’s magazine as a prelude to the more inclusive conversation I want to begin across the parishes this autumn, however Due to the move at St Julie’s there are currently problems with the printers and we are therefore unable to issue September’s edition until next week.
Comings and Goings:
Fr Burns has returned from Spain, but he and I will be away at the beginning of the coming week for Provincial Council meetings in London.
On Friday 1st September, we will welcome to the Bishop Eton community Fr Michael Henesy and Bro Michael Duxbury. For over a year they have been keeping an eye on our former pastoral centre at Hawkstone Park, but at last the new owners are due to take possession of the property and we can leave it with a clear conscience.
Certificates of Religious Practice for Faith Schools
I understand that the Archdiocese has revised its position with regard to these references and left it to the discretion of the parish priest. I have resolutely followed the previous diocesan policy that I should give only factual information regarding the reception of the sacraments, which protects me from the potential conflict of having to determine what is meant by religious practice and therefore I do not intend to start giving personal testimonials now. If particular schools are willing to accept others as referees, then there is nothing I can do about that, but I insist that such references DO NOT carry any form of official approval from the parishes for which I am responsible: e.g. parish letter-headed notepaper or an official stamp.
Barcelona: Once again we have been faced with terrorist atrocities in Europe during the past week. We pray for the repose of the souls of those who lost their lives and all those suffering the effects of these outrages. Let us never grow weary from praying for peace and striving to be peacemakers.
Bro Michael Taylor CSsR: We warmly congratulate Michael on renewing his vows as a member of our Redemptorist Congregation last Tuesday, the Feast of our founder, St Alphonsus. We thank him for all he has contributed to our two parishes during his four week pastoral placement and wish him every happiness and success as he continues his studies for the priesthood. After a short holiday, he is due to go to Lourdes for three weeks, working in the City of the Poor before returning to London and the new term.
- Women's weekend 1st-3rd December
- Scripture weekends
- Eucharistic Minister Training 21.10.17
- Responding to the call 7.10.17
- Invitation to prayer 4.10.17
- Asylum link Fundraiser
- Pilgrim Statue of Our Lady of Fatima to vist the Cathedral 6th & 7th Oct 2017
- Jubilee Event: Mozart’s Requiem 15.11.17
- Redemptorists Youth Ministry Autumn 2017
- Certificate in Pastoral Ministry
- Diploma in Pastoral ministry
- RADS comedy thriller 16th-18th November
- Women's Group News - Upcoming Events
- Women's Group Events September 2017
- Festive Floristry Talk at the Cathedral 18.11.17
- Princess Diana Condolence Book to go on Public Display
- Knock Pilgrimage 15.10.17
- Annual Pilgrimage Mass in Honour of St Edmund Arrowsmith
- Archdiocesan Autumn Courses:
- A seed of love - A Mass for and with people with disabilities
- Embrace 2017 25.11.2017
- Workhouse to Worship Exhibition
- Living Fully
- Creation time - A course based on Laudate Si
- A morning for Eucharistic ministers
- Bereavement Team - Training Courses 2017
- Being a catechist 2017
- What on at Irenaeus Summer 2017
- What on at Irenaeus September 2017
- Scripture Weekends Sept & Nov 2017
- Come to the Quiet 25th - 30th September
- Living Fully 23.9.2017
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018
- Lourdes Pilgrimage 6th-9th Dec 2017
- Fatima Pilgrimage - 7th to 10th Dec 2017
- Events at St Joseph's house of Prayer
- RCIA - Autumn 2017
- Life Choice 2017
- Lecture Series on the Reformation
- Metropolitan Cathedral - Golden Jubilee Celebrations
- Walsingham Pilgrimage 21/24 October
- Come & See October 2017