TODAY IS THE SOLEMNITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI
In this year of the Eucharistic Congress, we pray that the Lord will deepen our understanding of and reverence for the gift of his Body and Blood in Holy Communion. We pray again for the families whose children have made their First Communion this year and remind you that the 10.00am Mass on Sunday 17 June, will be a special celebration Mass for them.
NOVENA IN HONOUR OF OUR MOTHER OF PERPETUAL SUCCOUR
(Tuesday 19 June—Wednesday 27 June)
Fr Charles Corrigan and our students will lead the Novena and Fr Corrigan has requested that in the evening there should be a Novena Service, beginning at 7.00pm. Therefore, the Mass timetable (both weekdays and weekends) will remain the same, but each evening, including Saturday and Sunday, there will be a Special Service which will not include the Eucharist. Posters and leaflets will soon be available for distribution. Meanwhile, please spread the word far and wide. Thank you.
THE POWER OF PREACHING:
Let me begin by reminding you of the extraordinary power of God’s word when it is delivered with conviction and joy as it was at the Royal Wedding last weekend. Bishop Michael Curry certainly made his mark on the occasion and it seemed to me that his approach was very much in the Redemptorist tradition. He reminded us that there is “power in love… power to change the world.” He went on to remind us of the source of love and the redemptive love of Jesus: “Imagine this tired old world when love is the way. When love is the way – unselfish, sacrificial, redemptive.” Hopefully, we will have a chance to share in a powerful preaching of the Word in the coming weeks and months, beginning with the Novena to our Mother of Perpetual Succour (June 19 to 27). Please pray for the success of this venture both here and at St Mary’s, Clapham.
ADOREMUS: Fr Tim is giving a talk on Saint Alphonsus and the Eucharist at the Carmelite Convent today (Sunday 27th May) at 3.30pm.
NOVENA (OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL SUCCOUR): This year Fr Charles Corrigan and our students will preach for nine days in preparation for the Feast on June 27.
Next weekend we will be celebrating the First Communion Masses with our Year Four children and their families. Please pray for them that this will not just be a wonderful memory of the occasion but the start of a whole new chapter in their spiritual lives.
The timetable for next Saturday and Sunday needs noting.
The First Communion Masses will be on Saturday at 10.30am and 3.00pm and on Sunday at 3.00pm.
Therefore there will be no noon Mass next Saturday, nor will there be Confessions between 4.00pm and 5.00pm.
Page 4 of 33
- Interdenominational Youth Gathering
- Strictly Nugent
- St Mary's SVP Healing Mass - 3rd November
- Knights of St Colomba - Charity Night
- PARENTALK – THE PRIMARY YEARS:
- St Mary's UCM eeting
- Christmas Meal for those alone on Christmas Day
- Project Zimbabwe meal
- One World Group Fundraiser meal
- St John Vianney - Parish Club event
- Week of Accompanied prayer at the Cenacle
- Animate… Inspiring Life and Soul
- Asylum Link Fundraiser
- Women, Peace and the Church 24.11.18
- End of WW1 and Suffragette commemoration dance
- RADS - A Secondary Cause of Death
- CAFOD - Countering Consumerism
- Women's Weekend 2018
- Come and See October 2018
- RYM - Autumn schdule
- Women's Group Newsletter August 2018
- Creative at Christmas Workshop
- The Experiences of the Romanian Roma Community and its Holocaust. 2.8.18
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Archdiocesan Training 2018
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018