Solemnity of Christ the King. Today is the last Sunday of the Church’s Year. I am delighted that the young people are going to be involved in some of our liturgies because the day is designated as Youth Sunday and may I again encourage those at secondary school to respond to Paul Murphy’s invitation to join the group which meets fortnightly at Bishop Eton on a Sunday evening. NEXT MEETING THIS SUNDAY!
State of Play. The next couple of weeks may be challenging. Fr Smale is taking a well-earned break and Fr Richard is away quite a lot between now and Christmas. Also Ann O’Neill (administrator at St Mary’s) is in hospital with a serious back condition. My thanks to all those who are helping us to keep the show on the road!
Launch of Freddie Freckles and the Sacraments: Thursday 20 November
- Bishop Eton School: After an assembly with Year 4 at 9.10am.
- Much Woolton School: After an assembly with Year 4 at 3.10pm.
- Pauline Books and Media Centre, Bold Street: 6.30pm.
We hope to be able to accommodate all who wish to come to these events, whether you still have children in the schools or not. However, you will appreciate that the school events have been arranged primarily for the families of the children.
November and our prayers for those who have died. The 'Holy Souls Box' is in place as usual. Remembrance Sunday next weekend is especially significant this year as we continue to keep the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War. Sadly our Book of Remembrance has been damaged in recent times with pages being torn out. It is hard to understand why anyone would choose to act in this distressing way. We are considering how to keep the names available and the book safe.
Remembrance Sunday. This weekend we remember those who have died defending our freedom and we will have a short ceremony at our War Memorial after the 11.30am Mass. Obviously it will carry a special poignancy this year, the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War.
Freddie Freckles and the Sacraments. The new book is now at the printers and Redemptorist Publications are arranging three launches on Thursday 20 November: at the start of the school day at Bishop Eton, at the end of the school day at Much Woolton and at 6.30pm at the Pauline Media Centre in Bold Street.
The book has been written to support the Sacramental Programme, so there will be an assembly for years 4, 5 and 6 in each school and their parents will be invited.
Others will be welcome at the schools, but obviously space is limited in the school halls.
Freddie Freckles and the Sacraments. The new book is at the printers and Redemptorist Publications are arranging three launches on Thursday 20 November: at the start of the school day at Bishop Eton, at the end of the school day at Much Woolton and at 6.30pm at the Pauline Media Centre in Bold Street. More details in the coming weeks.
Fr Barrie O'Toole. You are constantly asking after Barrie and assuring us and him of your prayers. You will be pleased to know that his last session of chemotherapy takes place this week. He remains in excellent spirits and everything seems to be going to plan. Thank you for all the good wishes.
Page 31 of 33
- CAKES, BAKES AND FAITH
- Much Woolton Primary Open Day
- Christmas Meal for those alone on Christmas Day
- Project Zimbabwe meal
- One World Group Fundraiser meal
- St John Vianney - Parish Club event
- ‘WHY WE NEED MORE DEACONS’
- Week of Accompanied prayer at the Cenacle
- Animate… Inspiring Life and Soul
- Asylum Link Fundraiser
- Women, Peace and the Church 24.11.18
- End of WW1 and Suffragette commemoration dance
- RADS - A Secondary Cause of Death
- CAFOD - Countering Consumerism
- A Holiday with Our Lady
- Women's Weekend 2018
- Come and See October 2018
- RYM - Autumn schdule
- Women's Group Newsletter August 2018
- Creative at Christmas Workshop
- The Experiences of the Romanian Roma Community and its Holocaust. 2.8.18
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Archdiocesan Training 2018
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018