New email address
RYM in the coming weeks
Tuesday 11th December – Advent Reflection. We will meet at the EARLIER TIME of 7.00pm on Tuesday 11 December, for a candlelit reflection in the Fisher-More Hall, followed by pizzas and snacks. We will then go to the pub for the LFC v Napoli game at 8.00pm.
Tuesday 25th December - Christmas Day meal in St Mary's church hall for anyone who would otherwise be alone. All welcome, regardless of religion and income, please spread the world (but we MUST know final numbers as soon as possible).
CAFOD gap year
We love this article by former gap year volunteer @RodHowlett about his year with CAFOD. Applications are now open fo rour gap year, starting next September. Find out more: https://t.co/r2Vv1rBNSR pic.twitter.com/mt8a5SviPa— CAFOD Schools (@CAFODSchools) November 21, 2018
SYNOD 2020 what you need to know
SYNOD 2020 Process overview:
- Oct 2017 – Sept 2018 – time of prayer.
- 2018 – Sept 2019 - time of listening and discernment.
- Oct 2019 – Oct 2020 – themes to be developed into proposals to be voted on at the Synod in October 2020.
Each priest in active ministry will be a member and each parish will elect a synod member.
Each Pastoral Area will have 8 members. All in all, the Synod will have 500 members with voting rights.
Members will be trained in discernment and go back to their parishes to listen to the concerns, needs, and reflections of their local community. From these conversations around the diocese, the themes of the Synod will emerge and Members will take these back to their local community where they will begin to be formulated into the concrete proposals that the Synod will vote upon.
The Pastoral Development Group have been looking at a Parish Synod member, a parish Synod Group and Pastoral Area Synod members. Please keep all this in your prayers.
SYNOD 2020 Where to find Information
The link to the website of the Catholic Church in England and Wales is:
This site provides access to some of the keynote speeches from the event.
The Redemptorist Youtube account has videos of Bishop Ralph's Homily and Fr Andrew's talk on the Redemptorist charism click here
From the Women's Group organisers
Friday 11 January 2019
Welcome in the New Year - 7.30 p.m. St Mary’s Hall
A chance to greet a new year with a larger circle of friends. This is also an opportunity to have a sharing buffet and use up some of those ‘just in case’ items you put in the freezer for the holiday season.
As ever, bring nibbles and beverage of your own choice. Tea and coffee provided.
Tuesday 29 January 2019
Lunchtime Session - 12.30 Fisher-More Hall
I am very reliably informed that Fiona is hoping to invite back one of our very entertaining Speakers from 2018.
No spoiler alert required.
Date to be announced
We are intending to organise a Boundary Mill Sale - probably February and subject to sufficient numbers to cover the cost of a coach.
Redemptorist Youth Ministry
Young Catholic Adult Group
Upcoming sessions Spring 2019
SUNDAY MASS AND FOOD
We meet every first Sunday of the month for 6pm Mass at Bishop Eton Church, followed by food and drinks at Childwall Abbey. Meet outside Church at 5:50pm so we can all sit together:
6th Jan / 3rd Feb / 3rd Mar / 7th Apr
Page 2 of 90
- Dementia Friendly Christmas Carol Service
- Animate -Inspiring Life and Soul
- Blue Christmas 14.12.18
- Seasonal Highlights at the Metropolitan Cathedral
- A celebration of Christmas
- Traditional Carols
- Parish Celebration of Carols
- Christmas Meal for those alone on Christmas Day
- One World Group Fundraiser meal
- Creative at Christmas Workshop
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018
- Reconciliation Services
- Sent to Proclaim the Gospel
- Children’s Liturgy and Family Readers - can you help?
- Women's Group January 2019
- RYM Spring 2019
- Project Zimbabwe - Give a real gift this Christmas
- Christmas Homeless Mission
- Resettlement Group - Raffle
- Venerable Fr Bernard Łubieński, CSsR
- Advent Extra 2018