Cultural Exchange With China
This organisation which is approved by the Bishops’ Conferences of England, Wales and Scotland for building bridges between the Catholic Churches of the UK and that of China. CEC are holding a one day conference with workshops on 12 May, 10.30am-4.00pm in the Gibberd Room at the Metropolitan Cathedral, admission is free, lunch is provided although a donation is welcome.
Next Sunday is World Communications Day, promoting the valuable work done on behalf of the Church by the communications office of the Bishops’ Conference. There will be a retiring collection after all Masses and prayer cards are available in the porch.
Pope Francis message can be read by clicking here
Archbishop McMahon has asked parishioners to make a Novena of prayer between Ascension and Pentecost. The intention is to pray for the Eucharistic Congress in Liverpool this Sept and for the Synod 2020. Those sick at home may especially like to pray the novena.
ADOREMUS: As its contribution to the unique event of the Eucharistic Congress in September, Redemptorist Publications have produced a magnificently illustrated booklet, Adoremus Extra. It has 124 pages (including the Freddie Freckles story). Copies are available at £4.75. It would be wonderful if every family had a copy so that we can all deepen our understanding of and devotion to the Blessed Sacrament. Adoremus Extra will also provide us with a wonderful souvenir of the event.
THY KINGDOM COME:
The Woolton churches are going on a ten-day prayer journey, leading up to Pentecost.
- Opening Service will be at St Peter's Church (Centenary room) on Thursday 10 May at 8:00 pm-9:00 pm.
- Prayer Stations at Simon Peter Centre, Thursday 10-Friday 18 May at 9:15am-12:30 pm all welcome!
- Prayer Walking: around Woolton Village, meet at St Peter’s at10:00 am on Saturday 12 May.
- Prayer Morning at the Simon Peter Centre on Saturday 19 May from 8:00 am -12noon.
- Pentecost Prayer Event on Sunday 20 May ‘Harmony Café’ at St James church at 6:00 pm for a 6:30 pm start
All very welcome
Friends of the Holy Land Mass for peace and justice for our fellow Christians in the Holy Land will take place on Saturday 5 May at 12.00 midday.
Page 6 of 81