Click here for a presentation given in Bethlehem last November.
Many Palestinians, once educated, are forced to leave to seek employment and safety for their families. This applies in particular to Christians, and many of the FHL projects are designed to help those who are unable to leave their homeland, the elderly and the young. One of the FHL projects, Martha's House (pictured), is a day centre for elderly women. Other projects include medical, education and employment.
The Palestinians feel forgotten by the outside world. Some of them have lived in refugee camps since 1947. Pilgrims take away experiences and evidence of what is really happening. This gives them hope.
One slide asks what can I do ? and answers
- I can pray – for my brothers and sisters
- I can remember that what I do to the least of my brothers and sisters, I do unto the Lord
- I can give generously
- I can tell others about the people of the Holy Land, especially about the people of Bethlehem.
- I can write letters, when necessary, to demand that action is taken for peaceful settlements.
- If I am able and can afford it, I could visit the Holy Land.
18-25 January Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. Parishioners are invited to join the Hope University community each morning this week (Monday-Friday) 8.40am-8.50am, for prayer, in the foyer of the Gateway Building, where the fountain is located. All are welcome to join with fellow Christians in this important week.
Parish Helpers’ Celebration Evenings. We are planning evenings, 23 January at Bishop Eton and 30 January at St Mary’s, to thank all those of you who volunteer to keep our parishes flourishing on every front. If you are wondering whether you contribute enough to be welcome, then be assured that the very fact you are wondering is an indication that you are! Further details to follow. They have been a wonderful success in Bishop Eton over the past few years and I am sure they will now be in St Mary's too.
- A cheque for £997.62 will be sent to Project Zimbabwe from the proceeds of selling the Christmas Gift Cards and donations.
- ALSO…. The Piety Stall is sending a cheque to Project Zimbabwe for £400 which is the profit made from selling cards etc during the course of the year.
Thank you so much. This money will help so much with the projects in our parishes there.
Page 81 of 88
- CAKES, BAKES AND FAITH
- Much Woolton Primary Open Day
- Christmas Meal for those alone on Christmas Day
- Project Zimbabwe meal
- One World Group Fundraiser meal
- St John Vianney - Parish Club event
- ‘WHY WE NEED MORE DEACONS’
- Week of Accompanied prayer at the Cenacle
- Animate… Inspiring Life and Soul
- Asylum Link Fundraiser
- Women, Peace and the Church 24.11.18
- End of WW1 and Suffragette commemoration dance
- RADS - A Secondary Cause of Death
- CAFOD - Countering Consumerism
- A Holiday with Our Lady
- Women's Weekend 2018
- Come and See October 2018
- RYM - Autumn schdule
- Women's Group Newsletter August 2018
- Creative at Christmas Workshop
- The Experiences of the Romanian Roma Community and its Holocaust. 2.8.18
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- Archdiocesan Training 2018
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018