New email address
Archdiocese of Liverpool: new ONLINE SHOP is open. Please see the poster 'click here' giving details of this new enterprise with Baptism Preparation and Family Catechesis resources and books by Bill Huebsch and Take and Read. For full information go to www.liverpoolcatholic.org.uk/formation-shop.
Brother James Hayes from SFX college, has successfully completed his ride from Lourdes to Fulda in the planned 9 days. Any pledged sponsorship may be handed to him directly at Sunday 6.00pm Mass, handed in at Reception or go to the just giving page: http://www.justgiving.com/James-Hayes12/
The aim of the ride was to raise funds for new equipment for Alder Hey.
BISHOP ETON ONE WORLD GROUP ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
TUESDAY 4TH FEBRUARY 2014 HUGHES MEETING ROOM
Present : Teresa Jackson; Colette Nawrocki; Joan Roberts; Sara Eccleston; Rosemary Searle and Cath McVey.
"I shall make a small difference on the planet through the work I do. When I leave I will have done my share. I shall live, love, laugh and learn on my journey".
The meeting opened with a prayer.
The Minutes of the last AGM on 31st January 2013 were read and approved.
The following people were elected as officers:
Sara Eccleston - Chair.
Cath McVey - Secretary.
Colette Nawrocki - Treasurer.
The Treasurer gave a Financial Report based on the year's fundraising.
The 60 Hope Street Lunches, Afternoon Tea, Wine tasting evening and Crosby Concert raised in excess of £3000.
There were donations of £85.00 and a donation of £15.50 from the sale of mince pies at Christmas.
The projects to be supported this year are as follows:
- Fr. Max and the deaf school in Angola.
- The Chigwell Sisters and their work in Zambia.
- The Carol Adams Kitumba Vocational Centre.
- Saints Peter and Paul RC Nursery School in Fort Portal Uganda.
The Annual Mass for the group and its work will be on Saturday 8th March at 12noon. All welcome.
Events for the coming year:
- 60 Hope Street Spring Lunch Sunday 6th April 2014.
- Wine tasting evening in Fisher More Hall Friday 16th May 2014.
- 60 Hope Street Autumn Lunch Sunday 19th October 2014.
More fundraising events for later in the year will be planned at future meetings.
A vote of thanks was proposed to Teresa Jackson for her work as the Chairperson of the One World Group during the last 3 years.
The next meeting will be in the Hughes Meeting Room on Tuesday March 18th/25th (to be confirmed).
Bishops of the Holy Land Co-ordination have called for prayer and for international pressure as the Supreme Court of Israel Hearing into Cremisan Valley starts. To read the full text of their statement click here.
Frances Sibert visited the Redemptorist communities in Zimbabwe in September 2013.
If you missed the presentation that she gave on her return you can get a flavour of it by clicking here.
If you can help support either the feeding project or education projects in Zimbabwe, then you can purchase gift-cards at the monastery reception
Project Zimbabwe Gift Cards priced at £10 each are available from the Monastery reception.
For more information on the work of the Redemptorists in Zimbabwe visit http://www.redemptorists.org.zw/
Page 85 of 90
- Dementia Friendly Christmas Carol Service
- Blue Christmas 14.12.18
- Seasonal Highlights at the Metropolitan Cathedral
- A celebration of Christmas
- Traditional Carols
- Parish Celebration of Carols
- Christmas Meal for those alone on Christmas Day
- One World Group Fundraiser meal
- Creative at Christmas Workshop
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018
- Reconciliation Services
- Sent to Proclaim the Gospel
- Children’s Liturgy and Family Readers - can you help?
- Women's Group January 2019
- RYM Spring 2019
- Project Zimbabwe - Give a real gift this Christmas
- Christmas Homeless Mission
- Venerable Fr Bernard Łubieński, CSsR
- Advent Extra 2018
- Sign up for the SYNOD Newsletter