Redemptorist Community News
JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS: Congratulations again to our jubilarians, Frs Michael Henesy and Anthony Hunt, who were ordained in this church fifty years ago today. There will be a simple reception in the Fisher-More hall after the 11.30 Mass for those who wish to greet them.
In these days we are rejoicing with four members of our community who have reached remarkable personal milestones.
Last Friday (8th Sept) Frs Jim Casey and Tony Johnson reached the Diamond Jubilee of their Profession of Vows as Redemptorists and next Sunday (17th Sept) Frs Tony Hunt and Michael Henesy mark the Golden Jubilee of their Ordination, which actually took place here in our church. We will mark the occasion at the 11.30am Mass on that day and the congregation will be invited into the hall afterwards to meet all our jubilarians.
Comings and Goings:
Fr Michael Henesy and Bro Michael Duxbury have had to delay their arrival by a couple of days, but should be with us before the end of the weekend.
Fr Andrew and Fr Charles leave for Perth this Sunday to be present at the next phase (European Meeting) of our General Chapter. Fr Andrew is our elected representative and Fr Charles has been co-opted to help with the minutes (and probably some translating).
Fr Andrew should be back next weekend, but Fr Charles has other meetings (including one for vocations) and will not be back until towards the end of the month.
Fr James Smale is preaching for Zimbabwe in Plymouth this weekend.
Fr. General on World Day of Prayer for Creation
Comings and Goings: I will be away for the inside of the coming week and then Fr Andrew will be away for ten days at the European Meeting of Marriage Encounter in Madrid. (By the way he turns 70 next weekend!) I hope you are enjoying the summer in spite of the changeable weather.
Redemptorist Youth Mission 2018 - Planning
Thank you to Fr Charles Randall C.Ss.R for this report on the recent planning meeting for 'Redemptorist Youth Mission 2018'
Redemptorists of Europe Meet in Granada to Plan July 2018 Youth Mission
On 12 July this year, Redemptorists from all over Europe gathered in Granada, Spain, to plan the forthcoming Redemptorist Youth Mission which will be held in the city between Wednesday 25 and Sunday 29 July 2018.
Redemptorists from around Europe concelebrate Mass
at our Perpetual Help Shrine in the city.
On the 15th August : Fr Beverley Ahearn will be 70 years professed.
On the 8th of September, Fr Francis Dickenson will be 60 years ordained
On the 8th of September, Frs Jim McManus, Jim Casey, and Tony Johnson will be 60 years professed
On the 17th of September, Frs Michael Henesy, Philip Jones and Anthony Hunt will be 50 years ordained
On the 16th of October, Frs Denis McBride and Oliver Keyes will be 50 years professed
We give thanks to God for the great example these men have given with their lives!
Over the weekend of 15th and 16th July. Brother Mike spoke at all seven Masses at St. Mary's and Bishop Eton.
Here is the final address at Bishop Eton's 6pm Mass
Thankyou for your donations to support the Redemptorist students.
Anyone wishing to join the Redemptorists as a priest or brother should speak to Fr. Charles.
Comings and Goings: Everyone should be back in the community this weekend.
We hope that Fr Jim Casey had a wonderful pilgrimage to Lourdes and that the meeting attended by Fr Charles in Spain was a success. Fr Barrie is still struggling with his sight, but bravely carrying on. Please keep us all in your prayers on our Feast Day
- Women's weekend 1st-3rd December
- Scripture weekends
- Eucharistic Minister Training 21.10.17
- Responding to the call 7.10.17
- Invitation to prayer 4.10.17
- Asylum link Fundraiser
- Pilgrim Statue of Our Lady of Fatima to vist the Cathedral 6th & 7th Oct 2017
- Jubilee Event: Mozart’s Requiem 15.11.17
- Redemptorists Youth Ministry Autumn 2017
- Certificate in Pastoral Ministry
- Diploma in Pastoral ministry
- RADS comedy thriller 16th-18th November
- Women's Group News - Upcoming Events
- Women's Group Events September 2017
- Festive Floristry Talk at the Cathedral 18.11.17
- Princess Diana Condolence Book to go on Public Display
- Knock Pilgrimage 15.10.17
- Annual Pilgrimage Mass in Honour of St Edmund Arrowsmith
- Archdiocesan Autumn Courses:
- A seed of love - A Mass for and with people with disabilities
- Embrace 2017 25.11.2017
- Workhouse to Worship Exhibition
- Living Fully
- Creation time - A course based on Laudate Si
- A morning for Eucharistic ministers
- Bereavement Team - Training Courses 2017
- Being a catechist 2017
- What on at Irenaeus Summer 2017
- What on at Irenaeus September 2017
- Scripture Weekends Sept & Nov 2017
- Come to the Quiet 25th - 30th September
- Living Fully 23.9.2017
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018
- Lourdes Pilgrimage 6th-9th Dec 2017
- Fatima Pilgrimage - 7th to 10th Dec 2017
- Events at St Joseph's house of Prayer
- RCIA - Autumn 2017
- Life Choice 2017
- Lecture Series on the Reformation
- Metropolitan Cathedral - Golden Jubilee Celebrations
- Walsingham Pilgrimage 21/24 October
- Come & See October 2017