Redemptorist Community News
The Parish Team
Fr Tim Buckley C.Ss.R
Fr Charles Randall C.Ss.R
Other members of the Redemptorist Community
Fr . Andrew Burns C.Ss.R
Fr Andrew Burns is the Rector of the Community in the Monastery. Other community members are the parish team above plus:
Fr. Barrie O'Toole C.Ss.R
Fr Jim Casey C.Ss.R
Fr James Smale C.Ss.R
Fr. Brian Russell C.Ss.R
Fr. Kevin Callaghan C.Ss.R
Fr. Tony Hunt C.Ss.R
Fr Tony Johnson C.Ss.R
Fr. Michael Henesy C.Ss.R
Br William McDermott C.Ss.R
Br. Michael Duxberry C.Ss.R
FIRST PROFESSION: Bro Michael Taylor and Bro Royston Price have completed their novitiate in Canada and will make their first profession of vows as Redemptorists at the noon Mass on Monday 15 August. All are welcome and there will be an informal reception in the hall afterwards.
Work in the monastery. There will be limited access and parking in front of the Monastery for the foreseeable future. The renovation of many of the rooms has been initiated by the Redemptorist Provincial Council to try and ensure that we are as well equipped as possible to care for our aging community. It will entail a considerable amount of disruption with members of the community having to move around while the improvements are made, so if at times we are looking slightly more frazzled than usual, I am sure you will be understanding!
FR JOHN MILCZ celebrates his Golden Jubilee of Ordination this weekend. We congratulate him and welcome members of his family who have come from Poland to be with him, as also some of his great friends from Sunderland. You are cordially invited to join us in the Fisher-More Hall for a reception after the 11.30am Mass today. As many of you read in the remarkable account of his early life in Lent Extra, John as a boy was taken prisoner and forcibly removed from his homeland by the Nazis. He survived the war and then served in both the Polish and British Armies before deciding to train for the priesthood here in England. As well as a spell in South Africa and Zimbabwe, he has ministered mainly in Liverpool and Sunderland and many of you can give testimony to his loving and gentle concern that you should know how much God loves you. May the Lord continue to bless and protect him.
Charles Randall, CSsR: This weekend Brother Charles is making the Final Profession of his Religious Vows and then being ordained Deacon in Clapham. We congratulate him and wish him every blessing and happiness in his future life and ministry with the Redemptorists. Many of you will remember Charles from his time here as a postulant. Fr Andrew is attending the Profession and then returning for the Sunday Masses. Fr Jimmy Smale will be present for both celebrations. You will be pleased to know that in the autumn Brother Charles will join the Bishop Eton community for a few months prior to his Ordination to the Priesthood at the end of the year. Also Chris Reynolds, our present postulant in Clapham, will be joining us after next weekend to gain some pastoral experience. Initially he will be working at SFX.
COMINGS AND GOINGS: Fr Andrew is away until Tuesday week (firstly for a family First Communion in France and then to Fatima with Marriage Encounter) and Fr Smale is on the Isle of Man until next Thursday. Frs Barrie, Jim Casey and I are hoping we stay fit and well to cope with the demanding programme over this weekend and into the week.
- On Friday Fr Pablo Prieto left us for the Canary Isles and Christmas with his family before beginning his new missionary venture in Zambia. It was a joy to have him with us and we assured him of our continuing prayers for his ministry.
- Fr Brian Russell has returned to the community after ten days in hospital with a badly infected foot. Please keep him in your prayers.
- Fr Andrew and I have to be in London in the middle of the week for a Provincial Council Meeting. I will have to catch the last train after the Service on Tuesday evening!
Page 7 of 11
- Dementia Friendly Christmas Carol Service
- Blue Christmas 14.12.18
- Seasonal Highlights at the Metropolitan Cathedral
- A celebration of Christmas
- Traditional Carols
- Parish Celebration of Carols
- Christmas Meal for those alone on Christmas Day
- One World Group Fundraiser meal
- Creative at Christmas Workshop
- Dementia friendly Sing a long last Fri of the month at St Mary's
- St Mary's Kinnoull 2018
- Reconciliation Services
- Sent to Proclaim the Gospel
- Children’s Liturgy and Family Readers - can you help?
- Women's Group January 2019
- RYM Spring 2019
- Project Zimbabwe - Give a real gift this Christmas
- Christmas Homeless Mission
- Venerable Fr Bernard Łubieński, CSsR
- Advent Extra 2018
- Sign up for the SYNOD Newsletter