Community Resettlement News
Bishop Eton parishioners have undertaken a commitment to apply to the Home Office through its Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme to bring a refugee family from the Middle East to live in the Parish community.
Parishioners will support the family for at least two years until it’s members have learnt English, settled into schools, received healthcare,found employment and become integrated into, and independent within, the community.
RESETTLEMENT PROGRAMME update 4.11.18
If you missed Mass last Sunday you will have missed out on the fantastic news that we have been approved by the Home Office.
Our June/July Newsletter gives updates on our Home Office Application, the search for a house, and the latest fundraisers. If you did not receive a copy on the 8th July you can download one by clicking here If you have not already done so please check our wish-list of items for the house click here.
Contributing to the Resettlement Fund
Several people have been asking about how they can donate to the Resettlement Fund
Donations or standing orders may be made into the following account
Account name: Bishop Eton Resettlement Fund,
Bank: NatWest Allerton Road,
Sort code: 60-01-11
Account number 47505192
One off contributions by cheque, cash
For a one-off contribution please post your cheque made to `Bishop Eton Resettlement Fund` or cash in an envelope (clearly marked 'Resettlement Fund') through the Monastery door
Resettlement Scheme logo
Over 100 year 5 and 6 children entered the `design a resettlement logo competition` just before Easter. Congratulations to Isabel and Gabriella both of year 5 for the winning entry!
Letter of Support:
Thanks to Councillor Richard Kemp for sending us a most encouraging letter of support
Page 1 of 2
- Dementia Information Session 26.3.2019
- Change in Exposition & Benediction time at St Mary's
- Follow up to the Protection of Minors meeting
- Medaille Trust - Raising Awareness of Human Trafficking
- SVP recruitment appeal March 2019
- An update from Friends of the Holy Land
- CATENIAN BURSARY FUND
- APPEAL FROM BISHOP RAYMOND MUPANDASEKWA
- Coffee Morning Volunteers needed
- Cathedral Education Service - co-ordinator
- Cathedral Lenten Talks 2019
- Lectio Divina at Our Lady of the Assumption
- CATHEDRAL - LADIES DAY 29.6.18
- CATHEDRAL WALKING CLUB 7.4.19
- Cathedral Concert Society
- SPRING INTO EASTER’ WORKSHOPS
- Monthly Mass for the Deaf Community at Christ the King
- Adoremus Te Prayer Group
- Faith for Life Course